- 59% of Brits are not confident that they know all of the ingredients that is in the food that they order online or via an app.
- 10% of Brits consider home delivery services an integral way to eating a full meal in the week.
- In fact, 17% of millennials will order a takeaway to ensure they eat a full meal in the week.
- One in 10 Brits don’t know how to cook a healthy meal from scratch.
- A quarter of Brits say making their own food is boring task.
- 14% say they have no time for making their own food in the evening/during the week.
- 8% say the majority of their main meals are microwave meals.
- 7% eat more takeout food than home-cooked food.
- 5% order takeout more than three times a week.
- Almost a third of Brits believe delivery services are too easy and quick to resist.
- Deliveroo, Uber Eats and Just Eat now deliver in under 16 minutes on average.
- 30% find travelling to the supermarket to do a traditional weekly shop an inconvenience.
6 September 2019
4 September 2019