- 87% of people said they would be willing to try a fusion pizza, 38% of whom were ‘extremely likely’ to try.
- Mexican was picked out as the cuisine people were most keen to see blended with pizza at 44%, followed by Indian (42%), Chinese (36%), Greek (31%) and Caribbean (20%).
- With a big ‘foodie movement’ in Seoul, South Korea for Korean-inspired pizza, over half (54%) claimed they would try a surf-and-turf pizza with sausage, shrimp, calamari, bacon, steak and broccoli.
- However, consumers seemed less excited by the prospect of incorporating sweet flavours, with 77% of respondents saying they were unlikely to try a pizza with strawberries, mozzarella, cream cheese icing and pickles.
- In total, 53% said they were not likely at all to try such a pizza.
- The prospect of tasting a fondue pizza using five different cheeses to create a fondue effect was much more appealing, with 36% saying they would definitely try it and an additional 43% agreeing with the statement ‘Delicious, I love cheese!’
- Meanwhile, a fusion Italian and Indian pizzeria opened recently and 29% agreed with the statement ‘Sounds incredible!’ while 40% said they would definitely give it a go.
- With KFC and Pizza Hut recently partnering to launch a Popcorn Chicken pizza, more than two-thirds (69%) of respondents said they would like to try it and only 7% said it sounded like their worst nightmare.
* Streetbees is a global intelligence platform that reveals how people behave, and why, by analysing real-life moments collected from over 1 million users worldwide.