- Of those surveyed, 89% of people said they enjoyed cheese products regularly – the most popular choice of traditional dairy options – followed by milk (78%) and yoghurt (65%).
- Only 11% said they actively avoid lactose products.
- 63% of consumers said they consume the same amount of dairy as they did the previous year, with 26% saying they consume less.
- Of those who are buying less dairy, 55% said they are trying to cut down on milk products the most, followed by cheese (52%) and cream/ice cream (37%).
- 84% said that having enough protein in their diet was very important to them.
- Only 19% of those surveyed disagreed that plant-based alternatives will become more popular than traditional meat and dairy in the next decade (compared to the 53% that think they will).
- 32% of consumers already consider plant-based alternatives to be just as good as traditional dairy products, compared to the 25% who think the opposite.
- Animal welfare (50%) was the most common consumer concern in the survey regarding traditional dairy consumption, followed by environmental impact (39%) and fat content (28%).
* Streetbees is a global intelligence platform that reveals how people behave, and why, by analysing real-life moments collected from over 1 million users worldwide.