- A quarter of consumers expressed extreme concern about plastic packaging in the grocery aisles.
- Food and drink manufacturers should make it their priority to make all their packaging recyclable, according to 42% of those surveyed.
- 19% of people want only recycled materials to be used for food and drink.
- But 21% said the industry should go even further and opt for entirely plastic-free packaging.
- Consumers are also doing their bit to help the environment. More than half of consumers say they are making an extra effort reduce the amount of plastic waste generated by their household compared with last year.
- 80% of respondents claim to use 'bags for life.'
- When it comes to reusable coffee cups, 30.8% of people surveyed have one.
- Less than a third of shoppers avoid disposable plastic straws or cutlery.
- Only 29.2% of people avoid excessive plastic packaging.
11 October 2018
9 November 2018
2 August 2018