- The UK delivery market worth £8.4bn in 2019, up 18% year-on-year, with consumers consuming 849m delivered meals this year alone.
- Participation (+4%), frequency (+9%) and average spend (+6%) are all increasing year-on-year.
- The entry of fast-food chains such as McDonald’s, KFC and Burger King cited as a key factor in driving delivery market growth.
- 50% of consumers’ main motivation for foodservice delivery is for a treat, with just one in ten agreeing that it is part of their regular routine.
- The average spend per head per order in 2019 was £9.89, up 6% from 2018.
*For more information and to find out how you can access the MCA UK Foodservice Delivery Market Report 2019/20, please get in touch with MCA through their website.